We all want good looking youthful skin, no matter how old we are. It is very likely that we have all had episodes of freaking out over a single zit that won’t go away or cribbing about a wrinkle. What we often forget is that, getting the skin you want is not just about using the right skin care products but it is also about paying attention to many other factors that are easy to overlook. For instance, how many of us religiously follow the cleaning-toning-moisturizing routine every night or remember to reapply sunscreen every two hours? Here are a few general tips to practice every day, which can make a definite difference to your skin:
- Understand your skin first – Before you can begin the process of giving your skin the ideal care it needs, it is important to understand what kind of skin you have. There are 5 types of skin – normal skin, oily skin, dry skin, combination skin and thin skin. Each type of skin requires a different skin care regime and responds differently to skin care products. You may even have skin allergies that you are not aware of. For instance, some people are allergic to certain preservatives used in creams or even to natural ingredients like honey. You need to be aware of what works for your skin and what doesn’t, what to use and what to avoid.
- Eat Right – You are what you eat and whatever you eat shows on your skin. If you consume a lot of junk food, fried food stuff and other unhealthy products, you can be certain that the last thing you will have is attractive skin. Include more vegetables, fresh fruit and other wholesome food groups and you will see a definite difference. Most of us have a sweet tooth and find it difficult to say no to chocolates and other yummy treats. However, allowing yourself to indulge too often doesn’t do your skin any favours and it’s wiser to reach for a fruit you like every time your sweet tooth plays up.
- Make Lifestyle Changes – Getting your full quota of sleep each night, giving up smoking, reducing your consumption of alcohol and getting adequate exercise are factors that can have a huge improvement on your skin. Making these lifestyle improvements not only refresh your mind and get you charged up for the day ahead but also lend your skin a youthful glow.
- Try facial exercises – The appearance of our skin is determined by our facial muscles, to a large extent. There are plenty of facial exercises that you can do in the privacy of your home just before going to bed. Doing these exercises on a regular basis helps reduce under eye puffiness, reduce aging signs and enhance blood circulation resulting in better toned facial muscles. Experts suggest doing facial exercises for at least half an hour every day to see faster results.
- Pamper your skin – Just like your body gets recharged after a massage, your skin feels pampered and rejuvenated after a facial treatment. It is advisable to visit a skin care professional or skin treatment centre for a facial instead of administering one yourself. After all, they are the experts who know which facial treatment will work best on your kind of skin. A thorough exfoliating treatment followed by removal of blackheads, a facial massage and a mask to purge the skin of impurities will result in healthy cleaner skin that glows naturally. It is best to pamper yourself this way at least once a month as it’s a great way to de-stress as well.
- Use sunscreen regularly – Most of us aren’t even aware that the sun does extensive damage to our skin, but the truth is that by the time we realise it, it is too late. Use a good sunscreen on a daily basis, and ensure that you reapply it to exposed parts of the body once every two hours. Remember that a sunscreen with a high SPF factor is useless unless it is applied the right way. Choose a sunscreen that doesn’t clog your pores, which is water and sweat resistant and which blocks out both UVA and UVB rays. As soon as you reach home, use a good quality face wash to remove any traces of leftover sunscreen.
Skin begins to age due to natural reasons, when a person reaches the age of 25. In order to fight the different signs of aging in a gentle yet effective way, try Narhex Australia antiaging Cross-Linked 10/1™ products. Narhex Australia’s top quality anti wrinkle products and skin care treatments help your skin fight many aging signs including under eye wrinkles and puffiness, gives you a youthful glow and takes years off your face too! It’s never too late to let your skin rediscover itself. Try Narhex Cross-Linked 10/1™ antiaging products for yourself and discover the difference.